Top 10 Tips to Start a Virtual Assistant Business
Virtual assistant business is one of the most amazing home businesses nowadays. A virtual assistant is responsible to offer specialized services to the entrepreneurs, other small businesses and website owners. Here are the top 10 tips to start a virtual assistant business.
10. Know Your Target Market
The major target market is businessmen that cannot afford full time staff. It is the reinvention of secretarial and admin assistance in the world of internet.
9. Know Your Work
Before starting an online company, you need to know the tasks you’ll perform. A virtual assistant typically performs the following types of duties;
- Provides admin support to employer such as word processing, research, event planning and customer support.
- You meet and communicate new people and have to stay online during working hours. Communication is done via email, phone calls and instant messengers.
- Interact with other service providers including the data researchers, desktop publishers and bookkeepers to learn new things.
8. Have a Website
Develop a website and maintain record of your employees as well as projects. You should also know clearly that what you need to start a virtual assistant business so that you can bring in the things accordingly.
7. Required Equipment
The first thing you need is a fast-running computer or laptop. To run your business smoothly, you also need access to non-stop internet, printer and scanner.
6. Be Responsive to Clientele
Another thing to start a small VA business at home is to have dedicated area where you will sit and do your tasks. It is excellent if you have a Blackberry or iPhone to be responsive 24/7 to clientele.
5. The Required Skills
Here are significant skills you need to succeed in this online business;
- Good communication skills
- Strong knowledge of computer software like word processor and spreadsheets
- Excellent typing and proofreading skills
- Well organized to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong customer service skills
- Capable to work efficiently with your freelance team and clients
4. Develop a Client Base
Marketing and advertising will cost money. You can save money by having strong social media presence and a website. The website should showcase contents related to your service charges, working hours, logo, phone number, and e-mail address.
3. Avail Free Hosting Services
Some free web hosting services allow you to use top-level domains (such as www.abcd.com). Use their free templates and design a personal business website. To get inspiration of web design, here are some great ideas;
2. E-marketing is Must
Once your website is ready, then place your service posting at free e-marketing sites. Elance, Freelancer, Odesk, Olx, Staffcentrix.com and Monster are the best platforms for this.
1. Know Your Goal
You need to be clear with your business goals. You should focus on more quality work rather than on bulk orders. This will lead you to earn lots of income from this business and your name will soon get recognized.